I’ve always thought GIFs were really difficult to make. For years I have marveled at this form of multimedia, along with memes, video clips and gorgeous yet simple photography, assuming only computer wizards and design deities could craft these digital gems. I considered it to be far beyond my tech capabilities, but I was wrong. Making a GIF is incredibly easy and really fun. You can be super hands on if you make your own GIF from scratch, and there are endless varieties of funny media you can create to share with friends.
I used makeagif.com, a site that makes it easy for users to upload, arrange and time their images. It is so easy those computer wizards I idolized should be outraged that their craft has been so simplified.
I was inspired by my work space. I’ve been involved in a lot of busy work lately and haven’t had the time to be creative. However, I continuously see amazing work on Tumblr, and GIFs quickly and effectively express complex emotions, so I decided to take a break and take some pictures.
Here are the details from my work space that can help any young careerist stay happy while working hard.
- “I Am Very Busy” 2016 planner helps me feel important and in control of my life. These are going for about $30 a pop, but they start in August 2015, so you can use them for the rest of this year and all of 2016. There are also adorable inspirational quotes and illustrations that fully encompass the joys of femininity.
2. DW scented candles fill my atmosphere with soothing warm scents. Pictured above is the fall friendly “Apple Honey Butter” scent. I get them for a great price at Marshalls or TJ Maxx.
3. Camelbak insulated water bottles keep water temperature just the way you like it for hours. They also don’t sweat, so there’s no mess. Stay hydrated during a long working session and stay happy.
4. Popcorn is an easy-to-make snack that’s also low in calories. Add some yummy and healthy toppings with these recipes from Greatist.
5. A cup of chamomile tea soothes my throat and keeps my hands warm, just a few of chamomile’s many benefits.
Whether you are working on a project, creating your first GIF or generating elaborate ideas, make sure to surround yourself with a positive space that helps you put out your best work.